Foam Mattress – Natural Latex vs Memory – Which is Better?
- Do you have a back injury or back pain, or do you suffer from arthritis?
- Could you benefit from a mattress that will support and conform to every curve in the body?
- Do you frequently change positions at night, unable to get comfortable? If so, a foam mattress could increase your comfort level.
Foam Mattress – How to Choose
The mattress is the most important piece of furniture you have because you spend one third of your life there. Therefore it's important to analyze the differences between the types of foam mattress on the market and determine which is healthier. Here are some factors to consider and the difference between the two. First I'll give you criteria, then I'll give my recommendation.
Foam Mattress Most Important Criteria
Toxic chemical gas emissions – Top consideration
- Latex – all mattresses have an odor which usually disappears a period of time. The gases from natural latex are not harmful or chemical in nature. No toxic fumes.
- Synthetic latex can give off toxic emissions.
- Memory foam contains the following toxins: DTI, Polyol, Silicone Surfactanct, Tertiary Amine, Stannous Octoate, Flame Retardant and Pigments/Dyes. Exposure to petroleum-based chemicals has been linked to autoimmune disorders that can result in some people experiencing soft tissue damage, and impairment in immunity and the nervous system. Furthermore, people with asthma can become sick from inhaling the chemicals while sleeping. Additionally the constant exposure to these chemicals can build up in the body and result in headaches, joint pains, nausea and excessive sweating.
Foam Mattress Shopping Criteria
Other health related factors
- Natural latex foam is antimicrobial and antibacterial. It's hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites.
- These benefits aren't present in memory foam.
Breathability and Temperature
- Latex is naturally breathable and ventilated, which promotes cooling and facilitates the evaporation of perspiration.
- Menory foam is dense which results in the inability to disperse heat and moisture as quickly as latex. Lacks ventilation.
- Latex is 2 dimensional, meaning that it provides uplifting support as well as pressure relief.
- Memory foam is 1 dimensional, only providing pressure relief.
Green or Biodegradability
- Natural latex foam mattress – yes.
- Synthetic latex – no.
- Memory foam mattress – no.
Latex is constructed in such a way that it doesn't transfer movement easily. This results in 2 people being able to share a bed without disturbing each other when they change positions.
Foam Mattress Product Spotlight
Would you like to experience less tossing and turning and enjoy more restful sleep?
Enjoy this without toxic gas emissions. Invest in a 100% natural latex foam mattress today!
Bean Products is a company which specializes in natural items for the home. Their natural latex mattresses and mattress toppers meet all the above criteria perfectly. To get product details and to buy now click here.