Water Filter – Shopping Criteria
- Are you concerned about what may be in your tap water?
- Do you think the contaminants could have an adverse effect on your health? If so, you have good reason.
Water Filter Need
First we'll talk about what a water filter can do for you, then we'll talk about the one we recommend and why.
- The Ralph Nader Research Institute states that US drinking water contains over 2,100 chemicals that can cause cancer.
- The routine use in our society of over 80,000 chemicals has led to dramatic increase in degenerative diseases.
- Our cities' water treatment systems are old and out of date. Dr. David Ozonoff of the Boston University School of Public Health states, “The risk of disease associated with drinking water has passed from the theoretical to the real.”
Are you worried about how the lack of quality water can affect your child's health? Once again, there is reason for concern.
- Exposure to trace amount of chlorine, lead and toxic chemicals in drinking water during childhood has been linked to increased incidence of disease and learning disorders in later years.
- A recent report found that 45,000 mothers in 29 cities were unknowingly making infant formula with tap water containing three or more toxic chemicals.
Water Filter vs Bottled Water
- Have you grown weary of the expense and inconvenience of buying bottled water? In addition to the expense and inconvenience, there is the issue of quality.
- There is a common misconception that the quality of bottled water is superior to tap. No government standards exist that require bottled water to be safer than tap. In the past several years, bottled water has been recalled due to contamination by arsenic, bromide, cleaning compounds, mold and bacteria.
Water Filter Shopping Criteria
- Does the company give a lifetime warranty? A company wouldn't offer this unless the product was of very good quality. Otherwise they would be likely to lose money.
- Look at the company's reputation in the retail community.
- Has the water filter been tested by an independent state approved laboratory to verify its performance claims?
- Does the company offer a generous return policy?
- How does their price compare with others of similar quality on the market.
Water Filter Top Recommendation – Aquasana
- Lifetime warranty.
- Voted Consumers Digest best buy 6 years in a row.
- Received Water Treatment Device Certificate by the State of California's Department of Health and Services – verifies the claims that Aquasana system removes at least 54 common contaminants.
- 60 day return policy
- Cost of a gallon of filtered water by this system – $0.10.
Imagine how nice it will be to have the convenience of pure quality filtered water for cooking and drinking. You'll enjoy the peace of mind knowing your children will have water that won't harm their health.